Zerobin service is updated to version 0.18 alpha.
As a reminder for those wondering what is this:
ZeroBin is a minimalist, opensource online pastebin/discussion board where the server has zero knowledge of hosted data. Data is encrypted/decrypted in the browser using 256 bits AES.
Here are the updates from previous version (0.15)
- FIXED minor php warnings.
- FIXED: zerobin.js reformated and properly commented.
- FIXED: Directory structure re-organized.
- CHANGED: URL shortening button was removed. (It was bad for privacy.)
- ADDED: Deletion URL.
- small refactoring.
- improved regex checks.
- larger server salt on installation.
- ADDED: The resulting URL is automatically selected after pressing “Send”. You just have to press CTRL+C.
- ADDED: Automatic syntax highlighting for 53 languages using highlight.js
- ADDED: “5 minutes” and “1 week” expirations.
- ADDED: “Raw text” button.
- jQuery upgraded to 1.9.1
- sjcl upgraded to GitHub master 2013-02-23
- base64.js upgraded to 1.7
- FIXED: Dates in discussion are now proper local dates.
- ADDED: Robot meta tags in HTML to prevent search engines indexing.
- ADDED: Better json checking (including entropy).
- ADDED: Added version to js/css assets URLs in order to prevent some abusive caches to serve an obsolete version of these files when ZeroBin is upgraded.
- “Burn after reading” option has been moved out of Expiration combo to a separate checkbox. Reason is: You can prevent a read-once paste to be available ad vitam eternam on the net.
We are pleased to announce that our ZeroBin service is available for testing.
You can find the service at: HBCOM Technologies ZeroBin service.
For those who still wonder what is ZeroBin service:
“ZeroBin is a minimalist, opensource online pastebin/discussion board where the server has zero knowledge of hosted data. Data is encrypted/decrypted in the browser using 256 bits AES.”
The service is provided free of charge, please do not abuse it. Since it is still in testing mode we cannot gurantee if information will not be erase prior to expiration.
In case you find any unappropriated material posted there, please let us know.
If you need hosting we can provide you with web hosting, virtual or dedicated server. Contact us for details.
Site was modified to give better experience to mobile users.
Your mobile browser will be automatically recognized.
If you wish to return back to full version there is a link at the bottom of the site.
Finally finished the upgrade – sorry for any inconvenience it toke me a bit more time.
As usual on major release there is new requirement so be sure to check them before upgrading.
I proceeded as usual – following instructions from wordpress web site, but on the last step (database upgrade) I was surprised with message that my DB version is not supported in new version.
So I had to create new one and upload all SQL data from the backup (you have one of course) happily I was able to do it without any modifications.
If you’ve noticed any quirks, please let me know.
Yahoo is closing geocities – Sad news… a lot of information will be lost in time
This forced me to backup all data to this site.
In case someone is interested here is the link.
Trackbacks temporary disabled.
The problem i had with recaptcha plugin is solved and it is back for second trial.
Even protection from spam comments does work correctly I still get a lot of comments to review in case of false positives.
To ease my work from today before you can enter a comment you need to prove to the system that you are human by solving captcha.
Sorry for all inconvenience this could cause you.
Finally this was not really well implemented. I reverted back to previous setup.
I’ll experiment a bit….
Until now only registered users were able to leave comments.
The reason behind was a automated bot leaving 100-s of comments on my blog.
But on other side even when I want to leave a comment in somebody’s blog I resist to do it if registration is required. So I’ve decided to try and see if bot will break to the antispam protection.
Site blog.hbcom.info is upgraded to the latest version 2.6now.