From my personal experience it does not worth to repair some electronics:
– Even when repairing it goes by blocks. So if your computer is 2-3 years old you may try replacing defective part (most of computers come with 1-2 years of guarantee). For computers 3 years and older simply buy new one and restore your data from recent backup (You are doing BACKUP, right).
2. MP3 players
– they became so cheap thatÂ it does not worth it.
3. DVD players
– same as 2. they are cheap and HD/Blu-ray is coming.
4. Cell phones
– Here the same principle rules.
– impossible(and really dangerous) to repair by yourself and better just buy new one.
Those areÂ most common…
But this principle works also for many other things.
For example to clean a carpet (most common ones)Â you need to spend around $30 to borrow carpet cleaning machine but new carper will cost you $50-60.
Does it worth it?