If you did not notice Microsoft released Windows 8 developer preview.
It can be freely downloaded from here.
But how to install it on the new computers without DVD ( NO CD’s available 🙁 since Win 7)?
The simplest answer is from USB key. But the question is how to “burn” DVD image to USB key?
So here is what you need:
- Computer that covers minimum system requirements – 1GHz+ CPU, 1/2GB RAM (32/64-bit versions).
- USB key (4G+) Smallest 32-bit image is 2.8G
- High speed internet – do not even think downloading via 56k modem
- You need to download appropriate version – 32 or 64 bit
- And finally you need a tool to “burn” – take it from here.
Next you need to:
- Install the tool
- Run the tool – Simply follow the wizard.
NOTE: your USB drive will be erased so make copy of your data before using it.
Warning: See my other post “Windows 8 installation and initial experience” before starting installation.
- Next step is to boot from USB key and install – this depends on your hardware 😉
2-nd NOTE: This is development preview version. Do not expect it to be stable it is not intended for end users yet. 😉