After I finished my browser tests (see previous post for details) Â I started removing the browsers I do not use or the ones in beta phase.
For my “surprise” only componet that stated on my system and there was no obvious way to remove was as all of oyu already Â guessed – googleupdate.exe
Even I removed the chrome browser this application was not removed and in top of it still active and connectiong to google servers for report.
After searching internet I found instructions on how to remove it.
To Uninstall GoogleUpdate.exe:
- Stop GoogleUpdate.exe in Windows Task Manager
- Run msconfig and disable GoogleUpdate.exe under StartUp (no need to restart)
- Delete GoogleUpdate task in C:\WINDOWS\Tasks
- Delete â€œUpdateâ€ folder under your C:\Documents and Settings\Your name\Local Settings\Application Data\Google
- Clean up any term with â€œGoogleUpdateâ€ in the registry file via regedit (Warning!). If youâ€™re not sure about doing this, then just use CCleaner to clean up the registry.