Recently Shorewall (Shoreline Firewall) released new version 4.5.0.
This version introduced new packing. From this version you have follwoing packages:
- Shorewall Core – Core libraries installed in /usr/share/shorewall/
- Shorewall – Requires Shorewall Core. Together with Shorewall Core, provides IPv4 firewalling.
- Shorewall6 – Requires Shorewall. Provides IPv6 firewalling.
- Shorewall Lite – Requires Shorewall Core. As before.
- Shorewall6 Lite – Requires Shorewall Core. As before.
- Shorewall Init – As before.
Since we have Core package now to upgrade from 4.4.x version you need to update at least 2 packages – core and shorewall.
To do that in CentOS 5 the spteps are follwoing (in your case probably versions will be different):
1. Download new packages
wget http://www.invoca.ch/pub/packages/shorewall/RPMS/ils-5/noarch/shorewall-22.214.171.124-1.el5.noarch.rpm http://www.invoca.ch/pub/packages/shorewall/RPMS/ils-5/noarch/shorewall-core-126.96.36.199-1.el5.noarch.rpm.
2. Upgrade shorewall
rpm -Uvh shorewall-core-188.8.131.52-1.el5.noarch.rpm shorewall-184.108.40.206-1.el5.noarch.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
perl(Digest::SHA1) is needed by shorewall-220.127.116.11-1.el5.noarch
In my case additional package was required so I have to install it:
yum install perl-Digest-SHA1
and update again
3. Check configuration
4. Restart shorewall